HLT33015 Certificate 3 in Allied Health Assistance
The definition of Allied Health as stated on the Allied Health Professions Australia (AHPA) website is:
An allied health profession is one which has:
- A direct patient care role and may have an application to broader public health outcomes.
- A national professional organisation with a code of ethics/conduct and clearly defined membership requirements.
- University health sciences courses (not medical, dental or nursing) at AFQ Level 7 or higher, accredited by their relevant national accreditation body.
- Clearly articulated national entry-level competency standards and assessment procedures.
- A defined core scope of practice.
- Robust and enforceable regulatory mechanisms.
And has allied health professionals who:
- Are autonomous practitioners.
- Practice in an evidence-based paradigm using an internationally recognised body of knowledge to protect, restore and maintain optimal physical, sensory, psychological, cognitive, social and cultural function.
- May utilise or supervise assistants, technicians and support workers.
Allied Health professionals include:
- Exercise physiologists
- Genetic counsellors
- Music therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Orthotists / prosthetists
- Hospital pharmacists
- Social workers
- Speech pathologists
This traineeship is designed to give a basic understanding about the health industry and the possibilities of working with and helping people gain and maintain their health.
This traineeship is aimed to provide basic skills in order for trainees to work in an allied health setting which may include following treatment plans for therapeutic interventions and/or conducting programs under the regular direct, indirect or remote supervision of an allied health professional.
- Medical Centres
- Allied Health Clinics
- Follow treatment plans of patients
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment
- Work under the direction of a health professional
- HLTAHA001 – Assist with an Allied Health Program
- BSBMED301 – Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- CHCCCS010 – Maintain a high standard of service
We’d love to hear from, if you’d like to find out more about this course or just want to have a chat, please fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.