CHC30213 Certificate 3 in Education Support
A career in education and early childhood development can be stimulating, satisfying and rewarding, and provides the opportunity to influence and shape many lives.
The position of education support staff is to support and promote learning to students who may have difficulties.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist students on an individual or group basis in specific learning areas.
- Assist with the communication between students and teachers, particularly the interpretation of instructions.
- Provide basic physical and emotional care for students.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Assist with the supervision of pupils in playgrounds, at camps, on excursions, in sporting activities, therapy activities and life skills.
- Assist in the preparation of student resources and equipment.
- Prepare basic curriculum support resources.
- Set up and put away equipment and materials in support of teaching programs.
- Observe students and draw the attention of the teacher to them where necessary.
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of programs and evaluation of individual student involvement and achievement.
- Assist students with the preparation and service of meals.
- Ensure work areas and materials, equipment and appliances are maintained in a clean and ready to use condition.
- Assist in the preparation of equipment and purchasing of materials and supplies as required.
This traineeship is designed to give a working knowledge of the role of education support staff.
This traineeship is aimed to provide skills in order for trainees to work with students to support and promote their learning.
- Primary Schools
- Specialist Schools
- Supporting students in the classroom
- Helping students with their learning and development
- One-to-one reading support
- Work under the direction of the teacher
- Contribute to the welfare, health and safety of students
Help getting the classroom ready for various activities
- CHCEDS00 – Assist in implementation of planned educational programs
- CHCEDS00 – Contribute to student education in all developmental domains
- CHCEDS004 – Contribute to organisation and management of classroom or centre
We’d love to hear from, if you’d like to find out more about this course or just want to have a chat, please fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.